What's new

Store credit for Surface RT trade-in. How much?

chatterbot

I called up the MSFT store. They said that I can get credit if I trade in my Surface RT. I'm going to look into this this week. Anyone already know how much credit you get for a Surface RT?

oion

I called up the MSFT store. They said that I can get credit if I trade in my Surface RT. I'm going to look into this this week. Anyone already know how much credit you get for a Surface RT?

Probably as Jeff says.

There are a couple other trade-in threads around, and the gist is that you're better off reselling on eBay than doing the trade-in, especially for existing Surface devices.

always better to sell on ebay. like selling a car - similar principles apply. a car dealer will rip you off, while you can sell at a much more appropriate price yourself. you have to do the work though.

OP
C

chatterbot

I managed to sell my Surface RT, HDMI cable, type cover, and screen protector bundle for $336 on ebay. so about 50% of what I spent on it last october. I consider this a good price since my surface had a bad scratch on the back and the type cover had a loose key....all disclosed to the buyer of course. And I didn't accept returns so it's a done deal.

All of the bay trail tablets are coming out. I'm planning to get a Z3770 2.4ghz 10" bay trail tablet. With the keyboard it probably costs around $600, thus similar to the Surface 2. The performance of bay trail looks to be similar, but less in graphics, and it's battery life is a little bit less than the Surface 2...but it runs full Windows 8.1. If it is 10" it also comes with the full version Office. Overall, this seems much better than the Surface 2.