What's new

Store Won't Load

OP
A

Arctherus

This happens maybe 1/5 times I open the store. Enough to post about it and see if anyone else suffers from this occasionally.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
On some occasions i receive messages, that the app isn't connected to the Internet, but i had just once the problem of endless loading - after refreshing the surface and having x downloads/updates at the same time. SO what about your overall internet-performance with your tablet?

I have occasionally had this problem both with the store and when checking for updates. I have found that if I reboot everything works again. When I say reboot I mean holding the top button down until the tablet is actually off, then pressing it again to turn it back on. The tablet should display the SURFACE logo when turned back on. I don't mean to say that everyone who reads this dosen't know how to turn thier tablet on and off, but when I told my daughter to do this, she didn't hold the botton down long enough and only put her tablet to sleep, which will not fix this problem.

Dewg

The way the store app updates is through load screen downloads. It may be that your store is updating. Try letting it sit there and load. It may take a few mins to get the update. Mine took about 45 secs to load when I got the new Top Paid buttons.

FFX

I had the same problem on my ultrabook running Windows 8 Pro. My weather, Bing, Stocks app would just get stuck on loading. I did a reinstall and all problems went away..

kotten

Yeah the store is really slow for me too. Especially the 'Your apps' section. And for me it's more like 30% of the time. It's weird.

Sidenote: Also, finding windows updates is extremely slow. I mean just finding them, not downloading. I can wait for that load for several minutes and nothing happens.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Yeah the store is really slow for me too. Especially the 'Your apps' section. And for me it's more like 30% of the time. It's weird.

Sidenote: Also, finding windows updates is extremely slow. I mean just finding them, not downloading. I can wait for that load for several minutes and nothing happens.

Yes, the manual search for updates does seem slow. Just put it on auto update or check at night before going to bed. Then you don't have to sit there and wait and wonder. You will just have updates or you won't the next time you look ;)

kotten

Yes, the manual search for updates does seem slow. Just put it on auto update or check at night before going to bed. Then you don't have to sit there and wait and wonder. You will just have updates or you won't the next time you look ;)
Thanks for the tip.

BooMaLiCiOuS

I have noticed for a long while now since owning the Surface that when trying to download apps, the store can either not download at this time, or it takes 2 minutes before the download starts.... and I am stuck there waiting for this download before I can move on to other things. My wife was just playing with the surface last night and trying to figure out Windows 8 for the first time. That was her first complaint as well about the Surface. Everything else is working great since I have done other tweaks and what not, but that store is just so slow.

chatterbot

When I bought a new router, an N900, I noticed it fixed this problem. Now I have no dropped connections while using the store.