What's new

Strange Event logs

G-man

I have some entries in the event log from 11/21/2013 (I just got the system on 12/6, and fired it up on 12/9)

• The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.
  • The default transaction resource manager on volume D: encountered a non-retryable error and could not start. The data contains the error code.
  • Volume D: (\Device\HarddiskVolume6) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.

I have no drive D:, and I am thinking this is from when the system was prepped at the factory?

What is the \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 ? Is that the local hard drive? Is there a way to check my hard drive?

Thanks,

jollywombat

D would be either a USB flash drive or SDHC/XC card that was plugged into the system at that time. The recovery partitions are on the disk, but are not mounted for regular access. I would not worry about it either way, its not your onboard SSD. Unsure if you have a refurbished unit or if it was simply updated to the latest image/firmware by the factory and their device had a bad block.

Just a curiosity I suspect.

I was perusing the Windows event log on my new SFPro2 when I realized that there were some events dated on the same week as this device was manufactured (according to the lot no. 1403) . I suppose every SFPro must either have those or similar events (I mean, they are imaged, not individually tested).

In my case I noticed that the following hardware was used:
- No-name USB hubs (more than one)
- A USB Ethernet adapter (not the MS one!)
- A WD My Book USB disk
- A WD My Passport USB disk (seemingly containing a partition called "IMAGING").
- The v1 type cover
- A D-Link Wireless adapter (funny)

I can also see those in the device manager when using the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices env var.

Last edited: