What's new

Strange Sound Issue

gwinegarden

I just came across a very strange issue. I started hearing an occasional popping noise, in the speakers. So, I rebooted and then I had no sound whatsoever!

I, finally, shut down and restarted. The sound came back. I'm hoping that this was a one-off.

sillyrabbitt123

go for it! one slip and fall and SOL. if you bought on amex card they extend the warranty a year but for accidental damage.

i hear you hard earned CASH but pennywise in my book.

I just came across a very strange issue. I started hearing an occasional popping noise, in the speakers. So, I rebooted and then I had no sound whatsoever!

I, finally, shut down and restarted. The sound came back. I'm hoping that this was a one-off.

Not sure what device you have, but assuming it's a Surface 2 or Pro 2, your warranty should be good for a while (bought my 2 at launch and it's good until Jan 2015). If the problem hasn't become a serious issue by then, I doubt it would after that.

oion

Not sure what device you have, but assuming it's a Surface 2 or Pro 2, your warranty should be good for a while (bought my 2 at launch and it's good until Jan 2015). If the problem hasn't become a serious issue by then, I doubt it would after that.

I'd agree with this. The year-plus automatic warranty that comes with the Surface should be enough time to see any hardware issues. The primary advantage of the additional MS Complete warranty is actually the accidental damage portion.

again this is not a typical computer or even latop. one drop you golden if you the plan with ADP. for 1200+ on sp2 i bought it.

I've never damaged or broken a consumer electronic (knock on wood). Only things I've had break on me were Xbox 360's. I keep my S2 in a big case. Besides, if anything happens to it out of warranty, that'll be 2015 and I'll want something newer anyway! :D

donaldvc

I had something similar today with my 1st gen SP - a weird background noise, very disconcerting until I realised it was the soundtrack from today's Bing Halloween image!

sillyrabbitt123

I've never damaged or broken a consumer electronic (knock on wood). Only things I've had break on me were Xbox 360's. I keep my S2 in a big case. Besides, if anything happens to it out of warranty, that'll be 2015 and I'll want something newer anyway! :D

i fully understand your point of view. its insurance. i am a big fan.