What's new

strange things with brightness

heihachi88

Hello everybody! I have some strange behavior on my pro 2. Sometimes it goes brighter sometimes it less brighter though im not changing brightness. Tried using high performance power plan, but still sometimes it brighter and sometimes darker (even if i set full brightness). Does someone noticed that behavior?

oion

Hello everybody! I have some strange behavior on my pro 2. Sometimes it goes brighter sometimes it less brighter though im not changing brightness. Tried using high performance power plan, but still sometimes it brighter and sometimes darker (even if i set full brightness). Does someone noticed that behavior?

So does this mean you already disabled automatic brightness (#1)?

oion

no, its enabled. What for is that function? Do i need it at all?

Sometimes the built-in Surface "automatic brightness" is too aggressive for some people. It uses a sensor near the camera to automatically adjust your screen brightness, like if you're by a window and the sun is peeking in and out of clouds. But it might be oversensitive, like if you move your shadow across the screen, it will suddenly brighten.

You can try disabling autobrightness from the link and set a specific % brightness, see if that helps.

OP
H

heihachi88

Sometimes the built-in Surface "automatic brightness" is too aggressive for some people. It uses a sensor near the camera to automatically adjust your screen brightness, like if you're by a window and the sun is peeking in and out of clouds. But it might be oversensitive, like if you move your shadow across the screen, it will suddenly brighten.

You can try disabling autobrightness from the link and set a specific % brightness, see if that helps.

it helped, thanks lol. So that auto brightness not working with me? :D

jtuck82

I haven't actually done any tests to see how long the battery lasts...but it's way better than my SP1 for sure. I was at like 89% or so last night and clicked the battery icon on the desktop and it said like 6 hrs 30 mins left. Of course that will vary depending on what is running. It hasn't seemed to make it any worse. I fully charged it the other day.... unhooked it, and put it to sleep for like 20 hrs or so and it was still at 100%. I was stoked it didn't drain any at all.

jtuck82

Probably the gauge is slightly broken, that's why it was showing no drain... :p

Very possible. I've noticed once I use it some and put it to sleep when it has like let's say.... 74% and put it to sleep for like 10 hrs or so it'll only go down like 3 to 5%. Not bad considering how powerful it is! I love mine.