What's new

Streaming to the Surface?

JohnH

Let me make sure I have this correct..
I can not stream video from my MICROSOFT windows home server 2011 to my MICROSOFT Surface RT because it requires MICROSOFT Silverlight which is not supported on the MICROSOFT Surface????
REALLY? Is there some work arround for this huge flaw?
At least I can stream video to an APPLE Ipad, IPHONE or pretty much any other apple product using APPLE Airplay..

This is just one of the many short comings we have found with the surface that make it not such a great buy at 700$...

I hope things better or this is going to be an expensive paperweight.

R0bR

How are you streaming video that requires Silverlight? I stream video from my Windows Home Server (V1) to my Surface all the time using the Video App or the MultiMedia8 App.

BTW Arnold, Silverlight doesn't work on Desktop IE because it isn't native there either.

ArnoldC

R0bR, thank you for pointing it out, like JRE it is not supported on the RT. Sometimes I answer with Windows 8 in mind. Apologies.

mrasmussen

Let me make sure I have this correct..
I can not stream video from my MICROSOFT windows home server 2011 to my MICROSOFT Surface RT because it requires MICROSOFT Silverlight which is not supported on the MICROSOFT Surface????
REALLY? Is there some work arround for this huge flaw?
At least I can stream video to an APPLE Ipad, IPHONE or pretty much any other apple product using APPLE Airplay..

This is just one of the many short comings we have found with the surface that make it not such a great buy at 700$...

I hope things better or this is going to be an expensive paperweight.

I'd like to know more about streaming that requires silverlight as well. I'm not aware of any silverlight apps for streaming.