What's new

Stylus cursor point

Gadigo

Hi Surfaceianics,

i have a short question: is it possible to turn off this cursor point that appears on the screen when holding the stylus in close distance over the display or while writing ? Had a samy galaxy note 10.1 before with such a possibility. Found nothing in the settings for touch devices or elsewhere.

By the way, i really like this sp3, every time facinating to have a full pc in such a little tablet.

Thanks for answers.
gadigo

ctitanic

Hi Surfaceianics,

i have a short question: is it possible to turn off this cursor point that appears on the screen when holding the stylus in close distance over the display or while writing ? Had a samy galaxy note 10.1 before with such a possibility. Found nothing in the settings for touch devices or elsewhere.

By the way, i really like this sp3, every time facinating to have a full pc in such a little tablet.

Thanks for answers.
gadigo
Welcome aboard.

"Hovering" can't be disabled. That's a Tablet PC feature very useful when using Windows.

Steeli

Welcome aboard.

"Hovering" can't be disabled. That's a Tablet PC feature very useful when using Windows.
But not all the time! When i am writing in OneNote it is absolut not useful for me. Why not an On/Off toggle? I hate this feature statements that i have to use it like it is.... this went me away from apple..

Tsurugaya

I'd say the hover cursor is indispensable, it let's me know when I can put my palm on the screen. But I can see the point of an on/off switch for those who see it differently.

OP
G

Gadigo

Thanks for all your answers.

I know that hovering is most of the time useful, but like Steeli writes, this cursor is a pain at writing or sketching. Mostly because it lacks slightly behind at fast movements.

Perhaps MS is capable of inventig an on/off switch.

Liam2349

I'd say the hover cursor is indispensable, it let's me know when I can put my palm on the screen. But I can see the point of an on/off switch for those who see it differently.

Just want to let you know, you can place your palm on the screen before it detects the pen.

malberttoo

Hi Surfaceianics,

Thanks for answers.
gadigo

Microsoft is supposedly coming out with a Pen Utility in the next few months I believe, that will let you change the functions of the Pen buttons, etc. You could always hope that they'll address the floating irritant at the same time and give you the option to disable it...

ShiroEd

I happen to agree with it being a distraction, especially when drawing.
I has the effect of 'feeling' slightly sluggish when drawing quickly. It would be great to be able to toggle its visibility.

kozak79

It's not the hovering, but the visual cursor that's the problem. It lags behind. You can disable it in some applications, like Sketchbook Pro and Manga Studio. It makes drawing much better. I wish there was a system wide way to disable the cursor when using the pen.