What's new

Stylus drawing app that saves to Windows folder?

CrippsCorner

Hi I've been making some sketches in Autodesk Sketchbook Express recently which is a great app... however I can't work out how to save or export the image... is there a way? Other than using 'print screen' or if not any alternatives that do so? Thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see a way to do it....FreshPaint allows you to save to your OneDrive or Local Machine.

nipponham

Every time you make a new sketch, you will be prompted to save the file to Gallery automatically. You're supposed to be able to get the "New" menu option by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, but I think you'll find right-clicking the mouse to be easier.

Unfortunately, you cannot choose the location or format of where this gets saved, unless you purchase the desktop version I believe . You can find the image in your Pictures folder in its own Sketchbook folder saved as a PNG file. You can also open the charms menu and share right from the illustration or the Gallery.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Okay I found them! They don't save to the normal 'Pictures' folder; instead you have to activate the libraries and they're in there. I wish Microsoft didn't decide to have two folders that basically do the same thing... including one that's hidden as default! Oh well, got there in the end :D