What's new

Stylus for Surface RT

eeisner

Whats up y'all - long time lurker, first time poster. I've had my surface since the holidays, and despite the hate for winrt, I love my Surface. The one thing I am jealous of the Pro is the stylus they include - the one capacitive stylus I have (a $2 or $3 amazon stylus) worked like crap in OneNote. Being a college student, drawing graphs with my fingers in OneNote is a b----. So, from all y'alls experience, whats the best, most accurate capacitive stylus? I've read great things about the Adonit Jot stylus... is that the best on the market?

ArnoldC

I can't remember if we have an existing thread about this, but nevertheless, I have a Wacom Bamboo Stylus that does not work on anything with a screen protector. My fingers work pretty well with the screen protector on.

OP
E

eeisner

I can't remember if we have an existing thread about this, but nevertheless, I have a Wacom Bamboo Stylus that does not work on anything with a screen protector. My fingers work pretty well with the screen protector on.

a thread might exist... I looked through the accessories forum and found nothing but forgot to use search on the main forum before posting... damn midnight studying and posting haha.

ive read great things about both on the verge. are you able to be accurate and write small with the bamboo? as in for handwriting, graph drawing, etc.?

ArnoldC

I think it's about the round tip, I can't pinpoint anything. I can write better with my Bamboo instead.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use an Adonit Jot Pro and wear a Smudge Guard on my hand for Palm Block, inking for note taking works well, make sure your screen is clean and dust free before using the stylus and everything should be fine...

Tom T

It seems to me I read that you can easily increase then sampling frequency of the capacitive panel and that should help with stylus input.

ArnoldC

My middle finger is still the best "pen." :) I guess no stylus can equal it, but I'm still looking.