What's new

Stylus with eraser?

voodooevil

Thanks. I have been using OneNote too, but it just seems like it is too rough on the screen.
So you just press down till it springs. It seems to act like an undo function.
Joe

Last edited:
OP
L

ltcbob11

I don't even have to press down. Just have the eraser tip near the lines you want erase. A soft touch is best.

tonyz3

Can someone please tell me how the eraser on the pro's stylus works?
I can't figure it out.
Thanks...joe
it should be as easy as turning it over and erasing. if it is not working than check the eraser setting in which ever app you use to see how big it is set for. i had an issue when i first used the Pro and it did not work in an app and noticed the eraser was set to small. Also i believe if you press the side button while erasing it wont work either.

wmadan

I'm pretty certain I understood the question but the OP didn't say anything about an S-Pen and this is a Microsoft Surface Forum not a Galaxy Nite forum. The S-Pen AFIK will only work with the Galaxy tabs

No, he didn't ask about an S-Pen but he did ask for a recommendation for a stylus with an eraser and based upon my experience with a Surface Pro and an S-Pen with eraser, I gave him mine. The S-Pen with eraser works just fine with the Surface Pro.

OP
L

ltcbob11

@bubleeshark

I am aware the Surface Pro comes with a stylus. I own one. I am looking for a stylus that feels more comfortable in the hand that has same capability as the OEM.

But I do appreciate the fact that you stated the obvious for us. Just in case we weren't clear. :)

bubleeshaark

@bubleeshark

I am aware the Surface Pro comes with a stylus. I own one. I am looking for a stylus that feels more comfortable in the hand that has the same capability as the OEM.

But I do appreciate the fact that you stated the obvious for us. Just in case we weren't clear. :)

Thanks. If you would have stressed that you want a "more comfortable stylus," or that you owned a Surface, then I certainly wouldn't have pointed out the obvious. Actually, I shouldn't say obvious as I didn't realize the Surface pen had an eraser until a few days ago, but I don't own one. Based on the FP, I assumed you owned a W8 Tablet other than the Surface Pro. My bad, but thanks for being gracious.

Anyways... is the S-Pen the only one?

Last edited:

riggi

I use the S Pen with the holder and find it infinitely better than the stock MS pen.

I has a better weight and feel to it and it is easier to write neatly and for a longer period of time - due to the shape, weight and softer rubber grip.

It doesn't have an eraser though. But, I haven't missed it. I find it quicker to use CTRL-Z or tap the undo button when writing or drawing.

It also seems like the sensor is closer to the tip than the MS pen because there is less variation in accuracy as the change the angle of the pen. Eg. hold the S Pen at 90 degrees and the cursor touches the tip, hold it at 45 degrees and it is still almost touching the tip. Hold the MS Pen at 90 degrees and the cursor touches the tip, hold the MS pen at 45 degrees and the cursor is further away from the tip.

It says $60 on the Samsung site, but I've seen them for $30 on ebay.
I got mine from a Samsung shop here in Thailand for 900baht, which is about $30.

OP
L

ltcbob11

@bubleeshark

HP makes one with eraser also. It is same diameter and shape as S-Pen, but about an inch shorter though.