What's new

Success Tethering Android Phone to Surface RT?

rabilancia

While I do not have a Surface RT, I do have a Dell XPS 10 that runs Windows RT. I regularly successfully tether it to my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II running Android 4.1.2. It worked when I ran Win 8 and now with Win 8.1 beta.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

While I do not have a Surface RT, I do have a Dell XPS 10 that runs Windows RT. I regularly successfully tether it to my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II running Android 4.1.2. It worked when I ran Win 8 and now with Win 8.1 beta.

What app do you use?

Lolvo

I have no problem doing it; works fine on my Samsung Galaxy SIII - first time I did it, it was shaky, but it's been solid everytime since then. My GSIII runs on 4.1.2.

Lolvo

What phone/OS are you on, Mitchell?

Visiting with my lady the last two days in her new home, which does not have cable or internet (until next week) - while it was not smart for my data bill, we ran my RT and her Macbook Pro both off a data tether from my GSIII. Even in the secluded area the home is in, the 4G LTE tether was impeccable and we streamed 1080p shows quickly. Luckily, my GSIII has mobile hotspot ability built in...as such, I can't recommend any apps for this from my personal experience.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Visiting with my lady the last two days in her new home, which does not have cable or internet (until next week) - while it was not smart for my data bill, we ran my RT and her Macbook Pro both off a data tether from my GSIII. Even in the secluded area the home is in, the 4G LTE tether was impeccable and we streamed 1080p shows quickly. Luckily, my GSIII has mobile hotspot ability built in...as such, I can't recommend any apps for this from my personal experience.

Lol hope you have unlimited data because if you were streaming 1080p you are in for a rude shock when your bill arrives.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Lol hope you have unlimited data because if you were streaming 1080p you are in for a rude shock when your bill arrives.