What's new

Surface 2 HDMI display problems

Canuck

Hi everyone,

I have an odd problem. I hooked up my Surface to my Toshiba TV using the Microsoft adapter and it worked perfectly.
I then tried it on my Hitachi Plasma HDTV and the TV doesn't see it. The surface acts like the TV is seeing it, but the message I get on the TV is "No Sync - No Signal". I couldn't seem to find anything in either the TV's settings or the Surface settings to make the TV and Surface play nice together.
Anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Brian

leeshor

Welcome to the forum Brian

I have 2 suggestions. Restart your Surface with it plugged into the TV, and try cycling the HDMI inputs (on the TV)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen some reports of older TVs not recognizing the Surface 2's HDMI Connection, for some lowering the resolution to 1280x720 fixed it because the TV was using interlaced (1080i).

OP
C

Canuck

I've seen some reports of older TVs not recognizing the Surface 2's HDMI Connection, for some lowering the resolution to 1280x720 fixed it because the TV was using interlaced (1080i).
That sounds like it may be the case. Do you think lowering the display settings on the Surface would make a difference?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like it may be the case. Do you think lowering the display settings on the Surface would make a difference?
I've seen it work on some other TVs, another option that might work is 1024x768 that way MUI Apps will work.