What's new

Surface 2 Locking after 15 mins of IDLE

miaheat77

My Surface 2 is locking up every 15 mins of not doing anything (Idle). I have already change the group policy on the surface to read 9999 as well as changed the settings on the Advance power options to read never etc. on the battery power settings. Last I have disable the screen saver as well. The Tablet will go on lock mood after 15 mins of being on idle. The odd part is that once in the lock screen it doesn’t go to sleep or hibernate. Because of course I change the settings.

Any ideas what it could be or perhaps I am missing a step or advice.

malberttoo

My Surface 2 is locking up every 15 mins of not doing anything (Idle). I have already change the group policy on the surface to read 9999 as well as changed the settings on the Advance power options to read never etc. on the battery power settings. Last I have disable the screen saver as well. The Tablet will go on lock mood after 15 mins of being on idle. The odd part is that once in the lock screen it doesn’t go to sleep or hibernate. Because of course I change the settings.

Any ideas what it could be or perhaps I am missing a step or advice.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Is your Surface joined to an Active Directory Domain (for work maybe) or do you connect to an Exchange server with it?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Correct Surface 2
This is an important distinction. Surface 2 is a Windows RT device, Surface Pro 2 is a Standard Windows Device that can be Domain Joined, a Surface 2 cannot join a Domain as designed and supported.

So this is in the wrong place... it will be moved to the "Surface Pro 2" forum

malberttoo

Correct Surface 2

The point is, is the device a PRO? You said "Surface 2" (no PRO) as opposed to "Surface PRO 2", just trying to determine for sure before we move on....

And yes, Microsoft was stupid for naming their OS's like that....

Last edited: