What's new

Surface 2 pressure stylus?

TheArmoredOwl

I've been looking for tablet for about two months now, and the surface has one my vote at every corner, apart from one. It lacks the pressure and other features for a stylus. So I when I heard about Samsung's new note 10.1, I looked into it, played with it on release day, garnet it was nice and had the features I wanted. However I didn't like the price, 550 which takes the extra money I have for some accessories for the surface. So I was back to square one again, looking for something that had everything I wanted. Then I found this little thing.

Intuos Creative Stylus | Wacom

I have to wonder, why not have something like this for the Surface 2? I'd drop the extra hundred bucks for this thing, but right now it only looks like it's for the iPad, but though I'd post this up here, see if I get some meaningful responses.

OP
T

TheArmoredOwl

Hmm, it really seems to me their not enabling it to lure people to the pro. Makes sense business ethics wise, it's a market niche to exploit a few more thousand tablets from artists, which worked with the first pro, I keep hearing stories of it being really good. However the pro 2 is just out of my price range, the older pro might be different depending how much they drop it. But I still doubt it will go under $700. Thanks for the hint though, really makes you think what MS has under their sleeve.

oion

Hmm, it really seems to me their not enabling it to lure people to the pro. Makes sense business ethics wise, it's a market niche to exploit a few more thousand tablets from artists, which worked with the first pro, I keep hearing stories of it being really good. However the pro 2 is just out of my price range, the older pro might be different depending how much they drop it. But I still doubt it will go under $700. Thanks for the hint though, really makes you think what MS has under their sleeve.

You could check eBay for Surface Pro 1, whether refurb or plain used, and probably not for a little while as they seem to be holding value at auction still (edit: Checked and you might be able to find a used Pro 1 for around $600, give or take). The Microsoft Complete extended warranty transfers, if the seller mentions it (they have to completely unregister the device so it'll transfer). Caveat emptor, naturally. And surely more pen-enabled tablets are coming too.

Last edited:

mitchellvii

The deceptive things is that in the latest MS commercial for the Surface 2 they show the person using a pen when clearly the Surface 2 does not offer a pen. Quite misleading.

They're using the Pro in that bit. You can tell, because the USB port is on the same side it is on the Pro.

Noted here--
http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...outstanding-surface-commercial-microsoft.html
and
http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/microsoft-surface-apps/6164-looking-new-photo-editing-app.html

That commercial is loads better than the first generation, but it's still facepalming. Putting a stylus and Photoshop in an ad that starts with Surface 2. Nice.

oion

They're using the Pro in that bit. You can tell, because the USB port is on the same side it is on the Pro.

Um, for potential consumers who don't already have a Surface Pro, they definitely won't know the difference by that particular detail. The point is that Microsoft should NOT have mixed two products that are already visually very similar into the same commercial. That they made the Surface 2 silver is a good start, but you're not going to see the backside very much in a "function" commercial like that; in fact, some people would probably assume you can get "the device" (whichever) in both colors.