What's new

Surface 2 Reviews and videos

OP
D

demandarin

Yes! Mobile Tech Review releases review for Surface 2..thos should ne good.

[video=youtube;QUiTkVhpfss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUiTkVhpfss[/video]

beman39

like her video! although she did make a little mistake on saying you can install a third party windows 7 start menu which none exist for the RT...err Surface 2, that is only available for the pro version. very detailed and very informative video and what I like is she isn't constantly comparing it to the iPad but making valid comparisons without coming off condescending or putting down the S2. I would have liked to see that she included in her video is that you can connect a Xbox controller to play certain/most games also and not just a keyboard... but all in all she did a great job in reviewing the S2.. this is beman approved :thumbsup:

OP
D

demandarin

A good comparison of Surface 2 to the new Ipad Air

[video=youtube_share;omnj_Hz6qcc]http://youtu.be/omnj_Hz6qcc[/video]

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
No mention of the fact IE 11 is a full fledge browser and Office is included.... he did the fairest job of an Apple leaning vlogger that I've seen though.

OP
D

demandarin

Exactly. I mentioned that as a comment on his YouTube channel video.

But if he would have then it wouldn't of been fair....haha the surface2 would've outclassed the Ipad air by a long shot. The Ipad air is a slick looking device. But I think the surface 2 looks better all around. The differences in weight and thickness are a nonfactor to me. IMO, they are both thin and light.

kristalsoldier

Exactly. I mentioned that as a comment on his YouTube channel video.

But if he would have then it wouldn't of been fair....haha the surface2 would've outclassed the Ipad air by a long shot. The Ipad air is a slick looking device. But I think the surface 2 looks better all around. The differences in weight and thickness are a nonfactor to me. IMO, they are both thin and light.

Without disputing the fact that the Surface (particularly the 2) is indeed swell looking, I think the IPad Air looks disproportionate. It looks like - and many have also made this observation - a blown up iPad Mini. I much prefer the iPad4 styling. It enhanced the key feature (and benefit) of the iPad - the 4:3 aspect ratio. That said, the weight loss that the iPad Air draws attention to is very welcome. But it is not really a reason to upgrade immediately (that is to say, till the next iteration).

oion

A late review published Dec 4 from New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/t...-tablets-and-from-microsoft-no-less.html?_r=0

I can’t be the only person who needs fewer gadgets in his life.

Over the last decade, my home has turned into an electrical outlet battle zone, with family members bouncing one another off the power grid so they can charge their Kindles, iPhones, Android phones, laptops, iPods, iPads, Bluetooth headsets and a flip phone or three.

Some ingenious 14-year-old will soon make a fortune designing a tabletop nuclear reactor with a USB port, or maybe a powerstrip the size of a Cadillac Escalade.

Until then, I will put a fat checkmark next to tech items that let me move one step closer to single-outlet nirvana. Actually, the first such device just hit my hands, and if my eyes did not deceive me, this baby did not come from the Company That Invents Products You Didn’t Know You Needed, otherwise known as Apple.

Instead, it came from Microsoft. The device is the Surface 2 ($450 for the 32-gigabyte version), a tablet/laptop hybrid that, unlike its predecessor and competitors, may put a dent in the demand for powerstrips in my house. (cont'd)

Forgot to mention Internet Explorer browsing with Flash, though. :p