What's new

Surface 2 storage decreasing rapidly for no reason.!

OP
P

Pneary90

Keep us posted.....
So I seem to have uncovered the problem. When I use internet explorer in the desktop, everything is fine with the storage. Same with all other apps. The only time I lose storage space really fast is with the surface version of ie. can this be fixed?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It must be the Internet Cache, if you go into the IE Control Panel and set the cache limit to 250MB does it help?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You can get to it through Desktop Explorer or from the Desktop version of IE click on the "Gear" Icon and select Internet Options ....

On the General Tab... Browsing History....Settings

haeri_646

I have only had my surface 2 for a few days and I have already encountered a problem with the storage space on the device. The storage is decreasing rapidly and nothing I have tried stops this from happening. I only have downloaded 3 apps so that isn't the issue. I have tried disk cleanup, deleting the downloads folder in software management, deleting the windows .old file, etc. pretty much anything the internet suggests I have tried. The storage space just keeps going down very quickly. I am considering bringing the device to the store to see what they can do. Can anybody help me with this issue?
Hi
There is a kind of virus or worm in your drive that occupies the storage an by spreading and extending itself brings your space to zero 0 you can use macfee or avira (antivirus) scan your drive and solve this problem easily.
Khodahafez

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi
There is a kind of virus or worm in your drive that occupies the storage an by spreading and extending itself brings your space to zero 0 you can use macfee or avira (antivirus) scan your drive and solve this problem easily.
Khodahafez
Windows RT which runs on the Surface 2 currently doesn't have any exploits in the wild such as a virus, they only impact x86 versions of Windows.