What's new

Surface 2 volume way too loud, apps don't respond to volume rocker

coskier

My daughter received a Surface 2 for Xmas from her grandfather. We have noticed that the volume in apps does not respond to the volume roc ker, or the master system volume. I found an in-app volume adjustment, which is nearly impossible to accurately set because it is so small. In addition, even setting 2/100 is too loud. Same situation whether headphones or built in speakers are in use.

Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix this?

Thank you.

Korlon

Well that's interesting. I find my SP2 volume to be way too low. I have all my volume settings maxed out, even with my headphones. If I'm going on a 40 minute bus ride I like to watch a movie but I struggle to hear. Maybe someone knows a solution that can help both of us out.

SopranoSV

My daughter received a Surface 2 for Xmas from her grandfather. We have noticed that the volume in apps does not respond to the volume roc ker, or the master system volume. I found an in-app volume adjustment, which is nearly impossible to accurately set because it is so small. In addition, even setting 2/100 is too loud. Same situation whether headphones or built in speakers are in use.

Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix this?

Thank you.

What apps?