What's new

Surface 3 Cases

Johnny365

Only that it's slightly noisy^^, but I rather use a case stand than the Surface one all the time since there would be more wear.

netuser

The cases I've seen heat are going to prevent heat from escaping and may cause performance problems.
Are there any bumper cases that provide a better grip and some drop protection while leaving the back of the case open for unimpeded cooling?

bronsky

Not really a case but I have the Maroo sleeve that protects my S3 in the briefcase. Looks very professional. Fit is perfect and it holds my pen without that stupid loop.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

The USG case on my SPR3, never had any heat issues at all. I get many questions about this and never had an issue since it has plenty vents on the case that runs along the tablet.

Since the S3 is heatless in way, I'm sure there's no heat issue if the UAG case was placed on.

netuser

The USG case on my SPR3, never had any heat issues at all. I get many questions about this and never had an issue since it has plenty vents on the case that runs along the tablet.

Since the S3 is heatless in way, I'm sure there's no heat issue if the UAG case was placed on.

What's OK with a SP3 is not comparable because the Surface Pro 3 has vents and fans to release heat and is not relying only on heat transferring out through the body. The Surface 3 doesn't have any fans or exhaust vents, so heat must escape from the body.
I can feel heat on the back of the Surface 3. So, if there was an additional case insulating the Surface, that could easily cause a problem if the processor is working hard.

ballers

When I purchased the S3 yesterday, I noticed the Best Buy guy sorting out some cases for the S3. The one I noticed right off the bat was the Urban Armor Gear case, which is my personal favorite.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/urban-a...lack/6399239.p?id=1219660523293&skuId=6399239

I have this for my SPRO3 and I highly recommend it for both the SPRO3 and S3.

Thought I'd share my opinion in case anyone is looking for a case.
Why not put a skin on it? Cases are chubby and bulky. I am a UAG fan for all my iPhones and iPads but didn't like for Surface