What's new

Surface 3 for grad school and beyond (SPSS, R, SAS)?

OP
3rdschulz

3rdschulz

Hey guys, I just pulled the trigger on a surface pro 4, 4GB ram i5. I got a student discount with my university still expensive though... but cheaper than a SP3 because of the student discount which only applied to sp4. Should be here in 3-5 days. Thanks again for the help and comments
will update in a new thread once I get it

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys, I just pulled the trigger on a surface pro 4, 4GB ram i5. I got a student discount with my university still expensive though... but cheaper than a SP3 because of the student discount which only applied to sp4. Should be here in 3-5 days. Thanks again for the help and comments
will update in a new thread once I get it

Student discount should apply to all surface devices. I just checked and it does indeed, SP3 can be had with student discount. HOWEVER: student discount for the 128gb SP3 is £729 yet just go to amazon and the same unit without a student discount is £637.

Regardless, you should be very happy with the sp4. But yes, still a lot of money for a university device. Having used the SP3 last year, the premium pays for itself. Such a useful device compared to a normal laptop. The pen just rocks during lectures and tutorials. Over 1 year I've also saved one heck of a lot of money on stationary, let alone the space required to store all those ringbinders etc. My entire degree is 9mm thick :)