What's new

Surface 3 more unreliable than Surface 2?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm having lots of nagging issues with my Surface 3 that never happened on my Surface 2.

Most notably is Wireless issues that come and go, reinstalling the driver seems to help temporarily.

Also getting hangs and crashes that don't seem to be related to wireless.

After Updates you have to check yourself to see IF something has gone awry.

I'm not using any different programs/apps on the 3 than I had on the 2.

Guess I'll try a RESET.

Funny in a year and a half I never had to Reset the S2 but I've had to Refresh or Reset my SP3 three times so far and now the S3.

Is the bottom-line that ARM/Win RT are just better than the regular flavor? Id love to have Win RT on a Samsung exynos 7420/7422/7430 or NVIDIA Tegra X1/X2 and be done with the problems of Windows x86/x64.

lookingforward

I haven't had any wireless issues with the Surface 3 on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Have you made sure it is not an issue with your internet connection? My U-verse modem has been resetting itself lately which is really annoying because I lose connection for a few minutes at a time. I need to figure out what the problem is because it also affects the TV signal and the DVR.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did a REFRESH on my S3 ... now Office365 says sorry no entitlement for this device. Try or Buy.

Edit: Rather than use the Office button and or popup reminder for Office you MUST go ONLINE to your account page and Install from there.

Hmm, Since I was logged in you'd think they could have just checked that rather than giving the unfriendly error and making me search out a solution for their madness. oy.

Last edited: