What's new

Surface 3 one year later display problem

Plantje

The screen protector shouldn't make any difference.
I have two years warranty as well and I hope I don't have to replace the device that much :( Did you have the exact same issue? More people with this issue?

Plantje

And after almost three months my second device has the same issue :( Even with the brightness set to full and in MS Paint made an entire black page I could also see pixels lighting up white.
If anyone with a Surface 3 could please test this for me I would be happy. While starting up the issue is worst. Just above the Surface logo it is very clear.

Plantje

Thank you for testing this. Good to see that you as starter of this issue don't have it anymore on your replacement device. So, I think I will get mine replaced again as well. Perhaps I'll wait until I can upgrade from Windows 8.1 to the Windows 10 anniversary update immediately.

To be honest I am wondering more and more if an iPad or Android tablets (the good ones like from Samsung, Asus etc) have issues like this as well! I am really getting more disappointed by the day!

Plantje

Aaaaand I'm back... :( I must still confirm it, but it looks like my third Surface 3 is also showing pixels at start up :(

Somebody (who doesn't have the issue on his Surface 3) mentioned that perhaps it is caused by the LTE chip. So....question to anyone who has this issue as well: do you guys have a Surface 3 with or without LTE?

SuperMan

Aaaaand I'm back... :( I must still confirm it, but it looks like my third Surface 3 is also showing pixels at start up :(

Somebody (who doesn't have the issue on his Surface 3) mentioned that perhaps it is caused by the LTE chip. So....question to anyone who has this issue as well: do you guys have a Surface 3 with or without LTE?

Mine is without lte. Even after the fourth replacement, the pixel problem came back after 2-3months. I am tired from exchanging, installing programs again and again. :{. Sigh @microsoft. And they dont offer a refund.

SuperMan

I assumed that this issue should affect all surface 3 atom devices just that some people are too blind to see them.

OP
G

Gus

my replacement device does not the the problem. I never had an lte chip either. I still use mine daily and no issue here

Turbo4AWD

Don't have the issue yet, but I am also nowhere near my first year yet. I have like 5 months till my 1st year with the device. I do see some weird spots at startup, but they aren't bleeding through either. Also, I can't duplicate the issue after windows has started up.

SuperMan

To replicate problem,
1)set display brightness to 100%
2)set display to solid black background
3)look for odd pixels eg. Pixel not black, -blue green red or white.

OP
G

Gus

Don't have the issue yet, but I am also nowhere near my first year yet. I have like 5 months till my 1st year with the device. I do see some weird spots at startup, but they aren't bleeding through either. Also, I can't duplicate the issue after windows has started up.

I am worried when I get close to one year. My first one started showing the problem at 11 months and MS replaced it under warranty. Now the warranty is over. I am hoping the problem does not come back