What's new

Surface 3 Poor quality & poor support

Sheana

I currently own my 4th Surface 3. The prior three all had different manufacturing defects. First, the keyboard stopped connecting. Microsoft replaced the device. Then the audio jack stopped working on the replacement. Microsoft replaced the Surface 3 again. Then the AC plug stopped working. Microsoft again replaced the Surface 3. Now the audio has again stopped working on this device. Each time a device stopped working, I implemented the troubleshooting and on-line support steps recommended by Microsoft Support, none of which fixed the defect. I'M FED UP WITH THE POOR QUALITY OF THE MICROSOFT SURFACE 3. Microsoft has been very accommodating in providing a replacement Surface 3 but the lost productivity is unacceptable. Microsoft has refused to upgrade the device. Microsoft has lost my business.

Turbo4AWD

My apologies for your misfortune. All I can say is "Did you install updates? Did you install Windows 10 and updates?" Otherwise, my iPad got replaced multiple times as well even though it was supposed to be a "quality" product.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
So let me see if I got this straight.....Microsoft was on top of things, replacing your device as needed, and if I am understanding this correctly, Microsoft completely replaced your device when as you say the sound stopped working? A complete replacement? Kind of like if your air-conditioning stopped working in your car, you get a brand new car? Or the volume on your TV stops working and you get a brand new TV? Then, when you finally got fed up with getting new devices and losing productivity because this is the only device in your home / office, Microsoft didn't dish out an upgrade? Like a Surface Pro 4 since you had some typical issues with your Surface Pro 3? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your complaint, but from what you have wrote - your upset Microsoft called you out on your complaints and refused to upgrade you - Why would you want an upgrade when you had so many issues to begin with?

Microsoft is a giant, and it seems as though this giant was more than accommodating to you and your PC issues. If I were Microsoft I would be glad to be rid of the naysayer.

Zippy0n

My Surface 3's Mini Display packed up and ive sent off for a replacement, not expecting an upgrade just a working S3 again, in the mean time i shall be using the SP4 :)

kundas1

So let me see if I got this straight.....Microsoft was on top of things, replacing your device as needed, and if I am understanding this correctly, Microsoft completely replaced your device when as you say the sound stopped working? A complete replacement? Kind of like if your air-conditioning stopped working in your car, you get a brand new car? Or the volume on your TV stops working and you get a brand new TV? Then, when you finally got fed up with getting new devices and losing productivity because this is the only device in your home / office, Microsoft didn't dish out an upgrade? Like a Surface Pro 4 since you had some typical issues with your Surface Pro 3? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your complaint, but from what you have wrote - your upset Microsoft called you out on your complaints and refused to upgrade you - Why would you want an upgrade when you had so many issues to begin with?

Microsoft is a giant, and it seems as though this giant was more than accommodating to you and your PC issues. If I were Microsoft I would be glad to be rid of the naysayer.

first off just to inform you as you seem to be misinformed about replacement device policies for MS, they NEVER give you a "new device" as you have stated multiple times in your post, what they do is give you a refurbished device as a replacement. Secondly I don't know why you're so upset with the OP "rant" as I don't think you own Microsoft... or do you? LOL and thirdly I would be upset too if MS kept replacing my S3 with devices that are not working properly and I had to keep sending my units back! doesn't look good on MS's part that their devices keep having problems! I just had to send in my Band 2 watch back due to the battery bug and I sent in with my original box and expecting them to send me an "original box" back with new device and I got a refurbished watch and no box... just packed loose in a shipping box stuffed with paper! let me tell you I wasn't happy to say the least and I felt MS was very "unprofessional" with how they handled my replacement process! ok you wanna give me a refurbished watch that's fine, but send me the original box it comes with!