What's new

Surface Already Shipping??

joeaux

Yeah, I think we're all doing the same thing. I called MS Store myself. They gave me the same answer, "it'll be here by the 26th. You should receive an email saying it's shipped either today or tomorrow." Ho hum. We'll see.
-joe-

recon0828

Mine still says in process and then says expected to ship in 1-2 weeks. I ordered it from the canadian site so I'm not sure when I'm going to see mine.

OP
MHC48

MHC48

I'm beginning to doubt the original e-mail that said when I ordered on 10/16, it would be delivered 10/26. My Order still says in process and my credit card has still not be charged. I too called MS and was told don't worrry you'll get it when we told you. But if there has been no charge to my card, and if they have no shipping/tracking number to give me the day before it's due to arrive, I'm skeptical.

Ecnad

I'm holding out hope that they made a deal with Fedex or UPS to overnight them tonight. I'll take their word until they break it :)

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
I'm in the same situation. But since UPS national-standard via amazon mostly just takes between 14-24hrs, i still have hope. Things will get weird, if theres no form of confirmation/track-id tonight. If the ups-guy won't show up tomorrow i'll be very :mad:

grandall

You can (maybe?) still track the shipments without notification from the Microsoft Store. If you enter your order number as the reference on the "track by reference" page on FedEx and give it your zip code and approximate ship date (the default of today is fine), it should give the tracking info. Mine shipped on 10/23 from China and is now at the FedEx hub in Memphis, for delivery by 10:30AM tomorrow. (Thanks for a poster on another forum that I can't find right at the moment for this tip.)

Saelaney

My order on Fedex just showed up. Just used reference and my order number minus ms. Sadly mine was still in China today with an estimated delivery date of the 29th. I was guaranteed delivery by the 26th. I will hold off complaining until I see what happens. I will not be happy if it is late. That on top of MS giving people that buy in stores a year pass to xbox music will leave a sour taste in my mouth. Why not reward those that bought blindly online days ago?

recon0828

well MS credited back the money they took on Oct 21. Not sure why, I checked with MS and my order is still active and they aren't sure why it was credited back. Mine still says order in process. They are telling me 1-2 weeks for delivery.

Ecnad

Cc companies release the hold after a certain period of time. MS will make final charges tonight most likely.