What's new

Surface and the NFL

ILGal

Just watched most of the NFL pre-game show on Fox. A Surface Pro 3, prettied up with an NFL skin, was prominently on display as Howie, Michael, Jimmy and the gang discussed upcoming matches...by flipping through the paper spread over their broadcast desk. Not one of them touched or looked at the Surface during the entire broadcast (that I saw).

What's up with that?? If you were sitting at the broadcast desk, how would YOU make use of the Surface?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd cast the screen to the teleprompter so I look like I just know stuff rather than reading from copy :)

i live in the uk so dont know much about nfl

but am sure they were supposed to be trying to use surfaces to show the teams plays etc

maybe its just more advertising for the surface

dniezby

They DO use them a lot. It's probably because they just didn't have "copy" on them. When they demonstrate plays or other things, they do use them.

Probably just caught a segment where they didn't.

Those are pretty looking though.

Watch carefully. That is all they use on the field. They're in really sturdy cases.

OP
I

ILGal

They DO use them a lot. It's probably because they just didn't have "copy" on them. When they demonstrate plays or other things, they do use them.

Probably just caught a segment where they didn't.

Those are pretty looking though.

Watch carefully. That is all they use on the field. They're in really sturdy cases.
I've seen them quite a bit in use on the field, just missed the use in studio. They DO look really sharp!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The National Broadcasters and Local Game Announcers are using SP3s now with the light blue NFL/Surface Sticker....

They Incipio Case with the handle is now also available for the SP3.....

ipaq_101

Right, I think the ones used on the filed by the coaches and players are SP2s and the announcers are using the SP3s,