What's new

Surface book 2 battery pluged in not charging :

ransz

Hello all

I just got my surface book 2 and right out of the box i encountered an issue,
when i pluged in the charger to the base of the machine, im getting a messaged on the battery indicator, that the battery is pluged in but not charging. If i detach the tablet from the base and charge it stright through the cable, it charges fine, but when i connect the tablet back to the base, it seems that the battery inside the base is not charging.
the light on the charger is lit when pluged in, but the base just isnt charging.
also, when runing an intensive graphic game, it seems that the GPU isnt getting enough power from the charger and the performance are low, not to mention the charger isnt even heating up when connected...
I tryed uninstalling battery drivers, did all updates that were avialbe from microsoft , tryed power button + volume up reset, tryed recovering the PC twice and still getting the issue...
dont see any debries inside the charging dock...
im just runing out of ideas..
maybe someone here also encountered the same issue and can help me ?
i really dont want to return this machine, hoping there is some sort of software fix for this.
please help!

thx

Afy

Try running the system down to about 7% battery and then switch off. Let it charge for about an hour while switched off, then boot and see what happens.
Try changing the orientation of the charging plug.
Otherwise I guess you will have to have it exchanged.

OP
R

ransz

Try running the system down to about 7% battery and then switch off. Let it charge for about an hour while switched off, then boot and see what happens.
Try changing the orientation of the charging plug.
Otherwise I guess you will have to have it exchanged.

didnt work :(

fonzman78

Try a quick reset. Hold down power button and volume up at the same time for about 10 seconds. it should go to boot mode. Then just exit boot and restart. Should fix it.