What's new

Surface Book is Actually 3 Times Faster than the MacBook Pro (in GPU benchmarks)

leeshor

That's funnier than you think. I have several customers using Apple computers at home, mostly MAC Books, and they have no idea how to use the MAC OS. They are using Windows on Parallels. One customer even bought his wife a MAC Book Pro and had the Geek Squad install Windows on it before ever giving it to his wife. She has no clue.

daniielrp

That's funnier than you think. I have several customers using Apple computers at home, mostly MAC Books, and they have no idea how to use the MAC OS. They are using Windows on Parallels. One customer even bought his wife a MAC Book Pro and had the Geek Squad install Windows on it before ever giving it to his wife. She has no clue.

I had a similar call from an older client who's son had bought her a 15" MacBook Pro (a good one, we're talking like £2k of machine here) and immediately had Windows running in VMWare on it and she never used OS X... :rolleyes:

Wow. You guys are seriously claiming this as a massive victory?

Comparing a GPU with non-GPU model? You could do a comparison to any laptop that doesn't have a GPU and it will probably come out just as badly.

Comparing the 15" MBP (which does have a GPU) also shows more than double and that is comparing the same OS with machines optimised for the OS.

2015-Retina-MBP.006-980x720.png

But the reality is on virtually every test except this the Mac competes favorabably. Doing this test is about as realistic as doing a multicore test between the quad core MBP 15 and claiming the MBP is twice as fast.

2015-Retina-MBP.002-980x720.png

kojack

You and me both! Windows works best on a mac. Well, really the only people who say that are mac lemmings using windows on their mac. I spent a small time in the apple world, tried to use our proprietary software developed for windows, using 7 on boot camp, and it failed. by that time, I had enough of the whole apple thing ( guess the Kool-Aid mind control syrup never worked on me).