What's new

Surface book tablet part connect Audio interface

douglasfan1

I just wonder there are any method for me to connect my surface book 3 tablet part (without keyboard) to audio interface? The keyboard part is too heavy and I don't need the graphic card to run those audio program for me. Someone suggest the dock but it seems only work with charger? Also, the surface connect to USB-C adaptor is not working now, am I correct?

AMS

I may be misunderstanding the question, but there are lots of little devices like this:

That's just the first one that I found, but I have used things like that for years...

OP
D

douglasfan1

I heard asome rumors that Microsoft update the firmware of all surface book so now the surface connect port of tablet can only be used as powering, not data transfer. But don't know whether is true or not.

OP
D

douglasfan1

Well, my case is with similar device (meloaudio ts mega). My focus is on whether the surface connect port of tablet can be used through some adaptor, then connect the audio interface through USB? Cause no USB port without the keyboard and I would like to leave it at home if the tablet can do the job itself.

Reactions: AMS

AMS

OK! Now I understand your situation... It's a pity that (AFAIK) that USB port on the Surface charger is power only. I expect that any of the Surface docks would support audio. They certainly do with Surface Pro tablets. If MS has updated their systems so that they don't work with the docks, I'd be PO'd.