What's new

surface book w/ windows 10 and JBL Flip 5 speaker

wwrobel

Hello,

I have an surface book with Windows 10 latest updates. My JBL Flip 3 bluetooth speaker works fine. The bluetooth mouse works as well. The newer version JBL Flip 5 bluetooth speaker connects but interrupts the playback constantly. The Flip 5 works with all my other devices w/o any issue.
- I updated the the bluetooth driver from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023482/surface-download-drivers-and-firmware but the connection still interrupts constantly.
- I disabled bluetooth in the BIOS and used a bluetooth-usb stick still the same.
- A friend of mine has the same surface book and has the same issue with the speaker
- I exchanged the speaker with another one. Same issue.
- I wasn't able to update the firmware on the speaker. The JBL connect app didn't recognize the speaker

Any suggestions what I can try?

Thanks in advance

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

I have an surface book with Windows 10 latest updates. My JBL Flip 3 bluetooth speaker works fine. The bluetooth mouse works as well. The newer version JBL Flip 5 bluetooth speaker connects but interrupts the playback constantly. The Flip 5 works with all my other devices w/o any issue.
- I updated the the bluetooth driver from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023482/surface-download-drivers-and-firmware but the connection still interrupts constantly.
- I disabled bluetooth in the BIOS and used a bluetooth-usb stick still the same.
- A friend of mine has the same surface book and has the same issue with the speaker
- I exchanged the speaker with another one. Same issue.
- I wasn't able to update the firmware on the speaker. The JBL connect app didn't recognize the speaker

Any suggestions what I can try?

Thanks in advance
Look to see if it added the device as a Hands-free Phone as well, if so disable it and that has worked previously on Windows devices that acted that way.

OP
W

wwrobel

I couldn't find any hands-free phone device. I tried to disable all other audio devices and audio input/output devices but no success.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't find any hands-free phone device. I tried to disable all other audio devices and audio input/output devices but no success.
Where did you look? I found it listed under Bluetooth and other Devices in the Settings menu