What's new

Surface Book will not charge, is there a Singapore service centre?

soopykun

So I received a hand-me-down Surface Book 1, but it has the following condition: the battery of both the keyboard and the tablet will not charge. It says for both batteries: 0% and not charging. I have tried absolutely everything I found online, including deleting drivers, removing keyboard from tablet (forcefully, because the software will not work since it detects 0 charge) and trying to charge the tablet and keyboard separately. I also tried a 'fix' from Microsoft, where you go into boot something mode and change stuff there. Nothing works. Another problem is, I'm not sure whether it's related to the battery or not, is how slow the SB is sometimes. I had a Surface Pro 4 and by God, that device was much faster than this Surface Book I have. Also, I have tried using the Surface Pro 4's charger on the Surface Book - doesn't work either. If the detail helps anyone, the battery icon is 'flashing', it displays 0% for 1 second and then changes to '100% - fully charged' for 1 second, and then reverts back to 0% and the cycle repeats.

The only way the SB will work, as I am typing this, is if I keep it plugged in like a desktop computer.

Anyway, my question is, I'm in the Singapore right now and I heard on an online forum that someone managed to contact Microsoft Singapore Support and sent their device to them locally for repair - how can I do this? I cannot find MS Singapore contact number or email.

OP
S

soopykun

Yeah that link connects me with the US service center, telling me to ship to US. I read some guy on this forum (I forgot the username and thread) who said that he managed to get his repaired by sending it to Singapore service center, so I was hoping to get info on how I can do that too..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that link connects me with the US service center, telling me to ship to US. I read some guy on this forum (I forgot the username and thread) who said that he managed to get his repaired by sending it to Singapore service center, so I was hoping to get info on how I can do that too..
This is the URL for the Singapore Support site - https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/products/surface-devices
MS Store Link for Singapore - Microsoft Store Singapore Official Site – Free Shipping, Free Returns