What's new

Surface Book with Core i7, 16GB RAM keeps getting bluescreens

renes86

Dear community members,
I ran into a problem. I was gifted a Surface Book i7.

This machine keeps getting bluescreens, see attached "blue screen view" screenshot.

Any suggestions?

I checked Windows Update and can't find any new drivers. Further, I had installed the NVIDIA GeForce Experience Utility.

Thank you!

Attachments

• log.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 326
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    942.8 KB · Views: 383

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
is this a new or used Surface Book, which model?

You might try running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth followed by SFC /scannow
Or doing a Refresh but if it's a hardware problem these won't resolve the issue.

JaeMelo

Dear community members,
I ran into a problem. I was gifted a Surface Book i7.

This machine keeps getting bluescreens, see attached "blue screen view" screenshot.

Any suggestions?

I checked Windows Update and can't find any new drivers. Further, I had installed the NVIDIA GeForce Experience Utility.

Thank you!
I've seen this ntoskrnl.exe at least 3 times from minidumps with my colleagues. IIRC it was related to either a misbehaving driver or software package that somehow got past the UAT phase into production. I didn’t have time to narrow down the offending package so I rebuilt the machines in SCCM. Neither of these machines have BSOD’d since reimaging. I'd suggest doing a factory reset on yours... The one where you do not retain any programs or personal files as if you’re selling the device and wait before you start installing your favorite programs. If you don’t see any BSOD’s then chances are you introduced something the first time around that caused the BSOD’s

Shooting in the dark here but if you’re playing around with GeForce Drivers thinking you’re getting some boost in performance leave it alone at first and if all is well for a few days then re-add it. If it recurs after a program or driver you installed, then you’ll have a better idea.

Edit: Stupid me this post is super old lol

Last edited: