What's new

Surface broke :(

Ruffles

Last night, my type cover stopped working. I connect it and it works for about a min and then stops. I tried a second cover and it does the same thing. Then I did a full restore of the device and it still happens. I talked to MS and they are sending a replacement :(. I'm bummed. I needed it for tomorrow.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

Yeah. It still works fine without the keyboard but there's really no point. I formatted it while trying to sort it out and I don't want to go to the trouble of reinstalling everything when I'll have to do it all over again in a couple days when the replacement comes.
Interestingly, after a second restore and fiddling around with it, the keyboard seems to stay working but the trackpad now reacts very slow and the mouse keeps moving after I take my finger off.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

I stopped by Best Buy on the way home and confirmed it's a bad Surface. My keyboard on their demo works fine and their keyboard on my Surface shows the same lag. It's going to be a long weekend without it :(.

UMPC_Guy

I stopped by Best Buy on the way home and confirmed it's a bad Surface. My keyboard on their demo works fine and their keyboard on my Surface shows the same lag. It's going to be a long weekend without it :(.

Bluetooth keyboard? The Wedge KB is pretty nice, comes with a stand.