What's new

Surface broken

JoppeVR

I have an awesome Surface tablet, but yesterday evening I dropded it from a heigt of almost 30cm, not high! Now I have 2 cracks in the side and half of the touschreen is broken, not shatterd it just doesn't seem to work. What can I do, I love the tablet and yeah I have the touch cover so I can use it as a laptop, but I also want to use it as a tablet :'(

ArnoldC

I am sorry to hear your predicament, but I can offer no help other than consulting with Microsoft itself.

OP
J

JoppeVR

I'm from Belgium, so I have to send it to France, I conctacted MS and they also sey that the warranty is possibly 'border limited' so if I want to send it to there I have to give up an adress in France :s, maybe it will work back in a few days.... hope so.

leeshor

I'm from Belgium, so I have to send it to France, I conctacted MS and they also sey that the warranty is possibly 'border limited' so if I want to send it to there I have to give up an adress in France :s, maybe it will work back in a few days.... hope so.

It's possible a cable came part way out. In which case here is a teardown link that may help Microsoft Surface Teardown - iFixit