What's new

Surface Case Reviews

ArnoldC

Hi Bruce, thank you for sharing your personal experience with the Waterfield. I kinda like it to from the information presented on the website.

johnwell

I bought the: Incipio padded nylon sleeve in the blue colour = https://www.incipio.com/cases/tablet...on-sleeve.html
Ordered it over the net for delivery from the USA to Australia. Arrived quickly with no difficulty.
It looks good and appears well made. It is a reasonably tight fit but that is no bother. The pocket has room for items that are not too bulky.
I would recommend it.

stlbud

I bought the: Incipio padded nylon sleeve in the blue colour = https://www.incipio.com/cases/tablet...on-sleeve.html
Ordered it over the net for delivery from the USA to Australia. Arrived quickly with no difficulty.
It looks good and appears well made. It is a reasonably tight fit but that is no bother. The pocket has room for items that are not too bulky.
I would recommend it.
I thought the pocket would be useful for CDs and DVDs ;-) Ah, well. I would have liked some sort of handle. There's an odd flap on the inside that might be to further secure the tablet in the case. Construction seems to be first rate. The interior is a very plush microfiber material that should pamper the exotic finish on Surface.

guitar1969

I am not excited about the whole sleeve thing - seems like it defeats the purpose of a tablet unless you are packing it away. I hope we see some better leather cases that work more as a cover like the Kayscase. The ones out thus far seem to have an issue with staying in place or attachment to the Surface itself. I hate the look of the outside of the touchcover - makes the Surface look cheesy, but it is functional as a cover thus far.

Last edited:

rbeste

I got this one too (KaysCase) and I like it but it has one major flaw in that it doesn't clip to the Surface in any way so it constantly wants to slide below the edges and you're constantly messing with the velcro that keeps it in place. It's great having a better angle but it really needs to come with a something to secure it to the case so it stays within the frame without constantly messing with it to be really useful. I haven't seen a case that does that yet.

hodad66

Just received the WaterField Tablet Ultimate Sleeve Case and i looks great. I
chose to order the 44-28 size as the last report mentioned the recommended size
as tight. This is for my GF and I didn't want her breaking a fingernail..... ;-)
Very good fit and finish for a protective bag.... no room for the charger though.

MikeyT

Has anyone found a sleeve that fits the Surface and Type cover together? I've seen lots of info about tight-fitting cases with the touch cover, but I think i'll be needing one slightly bigger.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Aw: Surface Case Reviews

I have the Dicota Code Sleeve and the Messenger bag. No problem to transport surface with type cover with the sleeve - due to the 11" form factor there is 3cm space left to the zips at one side, but the inlay is holding it nice in place. Plus the overall quality, I would say it's a buy (so is the messenger bag, but I'll give a detailed review later).