What's new

Surface Case Reviews

d31dk

View attachment 160View attachment 161

I have been looking for a basic sleeve to protect my tablet when transporting to and from places and decided to try something different. I had my mother-in-law make me a basic one to try it. It actually turned out pretty nice (I didn't choose the fabric as this was a test run). I'm thinking of helping her pick out some fabric that matches the common colors of the keyboards (cyan, magenta, red, etc..) and maybe have a couple of different options. I only have the touch keyboard, but there should be enough room for the type keyboard also.

We did a velcro closure, but I think I could make it magnetic pretty easy. I'm also thinking about adding a pocket to the inside or outside for extra stuff such as headphones, etc..

This was pretty easy and cheap to make and the fit is great. It's nice can I can work on customizing it to meet my needs and fit the surface

Looks great - there should be an option for buying something like this online.
I'm a Little hesitating in buying "fits all" sleeves online, as the Surface is different form factor from what else is available.

just received my Brenthaven Prostyle 11" sleeve for the Surface and I am very satisfied with it. Very nice, no problems getting it into the sleeve easily with type cover on it. thanks for the suggestion on the previous pages.

Series7man

I e-mailed this company yesterday and got back this response to my question about the case with the AC Adapter inside the case and closing the case:

"With the AC adapter it is a snug fit. We probably should have made the case a bit thicker but were working off the Surface RT dimension provided by MS. We are waiting to see how big the adapter is on the Pro model before producing the next version of the case".

SkyTab: Deluxe Black Hard Shell Case with Zipper for Microsoft Surface, Microsoft Surface

AbeArceo

Asus Matte Notebook/Netbook sleeve

I finally found a great case for my Surface. It's called the ASUS Matte sleeve, which fits Notebooks/tablets/netbooks in the 10" range. I found this at Microcenter for $22. I brought my Surface in the store and tried out every sleeve and the ASUS Matte was the best fit. Here is the link:
ASUS Matte Notebook Sleeve Fits Screens up to 10" - Tan/Aqua 90-XB2700SL0009 - Micro Center

I can post pictures later if anyone was interested.

There's a little bit of room left so it's not a super tight fit, which means the case won't damage or cause your keyboard to fringe or bed. There is an outside zipper pocket which is big enough to fit usb drives or the charger. The case is very slim and is not bulky at all. I tried a couple of the case logic sleeves as well. They were bulkier due to the extra padding, which was nice, but I liked the slimness of the ASUS.

Great case, very happy with it so far!

Clot

I picked up one of these 10.2" HP mini laptop cases. Nice fit without a keyboard, snug but not too tight with the Type keyboard, and fits the height/width of the Surface very well. Amazon or Best Buy

Edit: Images added following ArnoldC's request (below). Perspective in the first pic makes the case looks smaller than the Surface but you can see that the fit is great, no "stretching" of the case required (second pic)

IMAG0202_zps5c3f8f34.jpg

IMAG0201_zpsaa911f17.jpg

Last edited:

ArnoldC

Can anyone show a photo of the case *with* the Surface, when you post what you bought.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

thix84

Hi Bruce, thank you for sharing your personal experience with the Waterfield. I kinda like it to from the information presented on the website.

Arnold..I haven't had one.. is there a MS store in PH where can I buy sleeve for my RT?

thanks!

Chubnut

I'm using the Incipio case. Very happy with it but always looking for something else or a little extra. I do like the fact that it has the zipped up pocket for other accessories such as pens etc. Look - it's ArnoldC :)

WP_20130122_016.jpg

Last edited:

ArnoldC

There you go! It's a lot better reference that way. Thank you folks!

oldjeep

Can anyone show a photo of the case *with* the Surface, when you post what you bought.
Sure, this is the Manvex case. On the left is the original one I got, the one on the right is the newer version.

The older version has a magnetic tab to keep it closed, the newer has an elastic ribbon for when there is a keyboard attached, otherwise magnets hold it closed if only the tablet is present. You can see where I hacked out a notch on the right side to make swiping easier.
P1290001.JPG

P1290002.JPG