What's new

Surface Case Reviews

CyberEvil

To anyone with the Brenthaven Prostyle sleeve, will it fit the Surface Pro with Type Cover attached and have room for the power cable? Any room beyond those items for, say, my Arc mouse? I emailed their Customer Service, got an auto reply about a 24 hour prompt reply, and then yesterday and today came and went lol. The sleeves look great but I don't want to buy it if I can't carry everything Surface Pro related with me. Thanks in advance!

whorne

I use the Nixon as well and it's great. Good padding inside and an external pocket as well.

For those using the Nixon, do you put your charger in the external pocket? I tried it and it will fit but it is very tight. I am nervous I may damage the Surface.
Thanks

whorne

I'm using the Incipio case. Very happy with it but always looking for something else or a little extra. I do like the fact that it has the zipped up pocket for other accessories such as pens etc. Look - it's ArnoldC :)

View attachment 238

This looks nice as well. Can you store the charger in the zippered section? I have the Nixon and it is nice but there is not alot of room for the charger in the zippered section.
Thanks

Chubnut

This looks nice as well. Can you store the charger in the zippered section? I have the Nixon and it is nice but there is not alot of room for the charger in the zippered section.
Thanks

I have a US charger, and it will go in but it's a bit tight. Can't get anything much else in afterwards though.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Nemesis296

I had to share my final verdict on cases. I've decided to go with the Kensington Soft Carrrying Case:

31XiPlvMwXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This case will hold the charger in the outside pocket (it's semi-bulky but not nearly as bulky as a full blown messenger bag). The big pocket is a sleeve type (zipper is only at the top), but it fits the Pro snugly and actually has enough room to hold *both* the Type Cover and Touch Cover at the same time. (I bought the Type Cover yesterday) Unfortunately it won't really hold much else, maybe a small external hard drive, or a small bluetooth mouse. It also has a handle which is really nice for carrying it. It's a very nice compact solution that you can get from Amazon for about $20. Be warned, this is a neoprene sleeve, so I'm sure it won't last forever. However, for my intents and purposes, this is exactly what I need for my Surface.

whorne

I have a US charger, and it will go in but it's a bit tight. Can't get anything much else in afterwards though.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a similar situation as the Nixon that I have.

Chubnut

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a similar situation as the Nixon that I have.
TBH, I have a lot of crap in that pouch. Two pens (Dagi 603 and a cheap rubber tip one), 2 cables (Mini/Full HDMI and USB, cleaning cloth, 2 sets of headphones (?????!!!! Why????). When I get home, I'll tidy it up and put the charger back in and take a photo for you with the RT in the sleeve too. You'll be able to see how it bulks up :-D

HD_Dude

I got this one at the local Best Buy, it fits the Surface pretty nice, and feels good too. It also has a pocket for accesories (like a stylus or HDMI cable)

HewlettPackard WV594AA - Best Buy

Funny - I got the same one, thinking it would be temporary protection while I shopped for a 'real' case.

But - no need! It fits like it was made for the SP. This one fits the Pro, with Type Cover attached, and in the pocket? Wedge Mouse, and even my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

It's no beauty, but it'll do nicely. At least until Saddleback Leather designs a Surface sleeve!http://http://www.saddlebackleather.com/

HD_Dude

OK, I just ordered this case, from one of the finest photo/video bag companies on the planet:

artificial-intelligence-13-computer-sleeve

I am so glad ThinkTank has a small case. I have the 15" version of this, and it's great. I also have an insane amount of ThinkTank photo bags, cases, wheeled cases, gadget bags, and on and on.

This stuff is used by pro shooters worldwide. The best of the best.

So, I predict the case I ordered will have a bit of room in it when the Surface is inside. Not much, but it might not be snug. But, having owned the other ThinkTank Urban Intelligence cases, I know for a fact it will accomodate the AC adapter, mouse and much more.

I'll let you know how it works for our Surfaces.

Chubnut

TBH, I have a lot of crap in that pouch. Two pens (Dagi 603 and a cheap rubber tip one), 2 cables (Mini/Full HDMI and USB, cleaning cloth, 2 sets of headphones (?????!!!! Why????). When I get home, I'll tidy it up and put the charger back in and take a photo for you with the RT in the sleeve too. You'll be able to see how it bulks up :-D

Incipio Case with the US charger and some addtional bits (as above). So as you can see it does bulk up, but not as much as to make it too bulky.

871afd74-5f93-4d03-a529-ca204b6f6ee9_jpeg.jpg