What's new

Surface Case Reviews

N.G.

Using a case like the Manvex isn't as slim light or sleek as going naked with your Surface Pro, but if you drop it your $1200 baby won't be as busted either. Really comes down to your risk aversion vs your compulsion for aesthetics. Manvex is awesome case as cases go but it's still a case.

So , how does the Manvex work on the lap with a Type cover? Does it protect it adequately protect the SP with and without the touch/type attached? Does insulating the SP with the Manvex significantly affect heat retention? I've held off because I really wanted a back and corner case that uses the touch/type for a complete travel cover, but I guess it is not happening.

TrevlynJ

The Manvex works extremely well with the type cover. It provides a greater range of angles for the screen, it completely covers the SP both with and without the keyboard attached. I haven't noticed any heat retention issues, if anything the cover provides a level of protection from the heat output of the SP itself. In the time that I've had the cover fitted, only once have I had the thermo fans turn on, and that was when I was working the SP quite hard, i.e multiple apps open, manipulating images etc.

mitchellvii

The only negative of the Manvex cover is that since there is no "cover" under your keyboard when typing, the keyboard can get a bit "bouncy" depending on how shallow of an angle you use your SP at. The more shallow the angle, the more it bounces.

I solved this by attaching a few adhesive backed felt pads to the back of my keyboard. Projects the keyboard and stops any bounciness. You can grab these at Lowes for $4.

The cover does add a lot of stability for lap typing.

Last edited:

mph

anyone using a incipio case for the pro with a touch cover?

how does it fit into the case? do you have to squeeze it in or is there a little space?

sonewhere i read the pro with typecover doenst really fit well in it.

does anyone share these concerns?

and by the way: how "slippery" is the outeside of the case on a wodden table?

cheers,
mph

kenman345

Tablet Slip Case - Nexus Sleeve - Samsung Sleeve | SFBags - WaterField Designs

Anyone try this out yet? I've been on the lookout for a sleeve to handle my Surface pro with the Touch Cover attached and preferably nice looking. I have the Incipio case that it two-toned and available at the Microsoft Store, but I am looking for something more business minded. I want it to be elegant is really what I am trying to say. I am not sure if this sleeve fits the bill but was hoping someone could help me out.

I ordered this: Amazon.com: EasyAcc 10.6-Inch Tablet PC Laptop Sleeve Pouch Case Cover for Microsoft Surface RT/Pro(Black, PU Leather): Computers & Accessories and it should arrive today. I figured it would hold me over till I found something better or just will continue to use it. I'll report back when it arrives and I've used it for a day or two.

TheJokker

I ordered the Manvex case but I am extremely disappointed. I doesn't seem to work very well with the type cover. Sometimes it works great but suddenly I lose the keyboard function and simply reconnecting the keyboard does not work. It is really annoying to have to take everything apart and fuss with it until it starts working again. Unless I am missing something obvious I'm afraid my search for a good cover is not over.

T

TheConstruct

I ordered the Manvex case but I am extremely disappointed. I doesn't seem to work very well with the type cover. Sometimes it works great but suddenly I lose the keyboard function and simply reconnecting the keyboard does not work. It is really annoying to have to take everything apart and fuss with it until it starts working again. Unless I am missing something obvious I'm afraid my search for a good cover is not over.

Check out the one from O-Sky. You can see the case and my review at Amazon.com: O-SKY (TM) Black PU Leather Case Cover for Microsoft Surface RT Pro 10.6 Inch Tablet MS: Computers & Accessories

cmergel

I picked up a small Timbuk2 Messenger bag (Commute). Love it.
Special compartment for the Surface or Laptop.
Plenty of room in the big area for file folders.
Plenty of pockets for adapter and all sorts of other objects.
Commute TSA-Friendly iPad & Laptop Messenger Bag - Timbuk2 Bags

I am using the Manvex case when moving around the office and at home. Love the elastic loop for the pen.
Amazon.com: Manvex Slim and Compact Leather Folio Case Cover for the Microsoft Surface PRO / Surface PRO 2 Tablet with Windows 8 | Built-in Stand with Multiple Viewing Angles with Stylus Holder - Also compatible with the Type Cover and Touch Cover fr

I also picked up using the Incipio Padded case that I am not using very often. But the Surface fits in it very nicely and very snug. has a small side pocket for Stylus and Usb Sticks.
Buy Incipio Padded Nylon Sleeve for Microsoft Surface - Microsoft Store

41Yg-m8KCvL._SY300_.jpg

So I have this case. It is a very nice, classy looking case (though it is vinyl, not genuine leather). It doesn't make the fact that it's a tablet very obvious, especially since the Surface and case are larger than most tablets. The interior microfiber is very nice. However, I don't like getting the tablet out of it. You either put it in bottom down, and then to grab it out there's a small cutout where the cameras are. So you're grabbing it in the camera area. Or, you put it bottom down, and you're grabbing it by the Surface logo. I don't want to wear off the logo, and I don't particularly like grabbing it by the camera area.

mjgerrard

View attachment 1205

So I have this case. It is a very nice, classy looking case (though it is vinyl, not genuine leather). It doesn't make the fact that it's a tablet very obvious, especially since the Surface and case are larger than most tablets. The interior microfiber is very nice. However, I don't like getting the tablet out of it. You either put it in bottom down, and then to grab it out there's a small cutout where the cameras are. So you're grabbing it in the camera area. Or, you put it bottom down, and you're grabbing it by the Surface logo. I don't want to wear off the logo, and I don't particularly like grabbing it by the camera area.

I also have one of these just turn up in the post.

I'm very pleased with the quality, given the price - but there is a problem. I didn't have to force the SP2 with Type Cover 2 into it, but when the tablet with kb is in the case, the flap won't stay shut.

People/Reviews on Amazon.co.uk are saying regular use of the case will cause it to stretch to size - so I'll report back after...regular use :D

thesmithiz

I also have one of these just turn up in the post.

I'm very pleased with the quality, given the price - but there is a problem. I didn't have to force the SP2 with Type Cover 2 into it, but when the tablet with kb is in the case, the flap won't stay shut.

People/Reviews on Amazon.co.uk are saying regular use of the case will cause it to stretch to size - so I'll report back after...regular use :D

Oddly enough I just received mine today as well, black but not sure the color makes a difference. My SP2 and Type2 cover fit great in it and the flap stays shut. I do think its the perfect size for carrying around when I don't want my computer and computer bag with me, like a meeting to meeting thing.