What's new

Surface Case Reviews

Tsurugaya

I have had this one for quite a while, and I still love it.
sol bags >> ereader accessory messenger

You can check message #116 of this thread for a short review I did.

That page states the e-reader pocket to be 10" but the Surface is almost 11". Still no problem? The whole Surface fits and is protected?
A small problem for me has that I'm in Japan, so no Wal-Mart, but if they ship internationally I'd be fine with trying it.

T

TheConstruct

That page states the e-reader pocket to be 10" but the Surface is almost 11". Still no problem? The whole Surface fits and is protected?
A small problem for me has that I'm in Japan, so no Wal-Mart, but if they ship internationally I'd be fine with trying it.

Oh yeah, plenty of room. I have my SRT/Type in a folio case and it fits without issue. And the bag has held up much better than I had anticipated. No signs of ware, and not a loose stitch to be seen.

yellow

I'm torn between the Moko slim and the rotatory for my pro, mainly because of being able to use the latter on portrait on my lap with support. I won't be using the keyboards. Has anyone tried both?

T

TheConstruct

I'm torn between the Moko slim and the rotatory for my pro, mainly because of being able to use the latter on portrait on my lap with support. I won't be using the keyboards. Has anyone tried both?

I'd recommend going with the Rotary. The Slim's retention looks to be questionable.

yellow

What do you mean with retention? How it enclosures the surface?
I was actually more keen on the slim, it looks simpler, the stand system seems simpler and a bit better, and it looks like it allows for better vetilation and access to the ports.

I also had an eye on the Manvex, but general consensus seem to favour the mokos

Last edited:
T

TheConstruct

What do you mean with retention? How it enclosures the surface?
I was actually more keen on the slim, it looks simpler, the stand system seems simpler and a bit better, and it looks like it allows for better vetilation and access to the ports.

I also had an eye on the Manvex, but general consensus seem to favour the mokos

Exactly. I fear that the Slim would not hold onto the SP well enough. And Manvex are not bad per say, but they tend to cover too much of the bezel.

benjitek

1625028_ra.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500
Stumbled onto this one in a Best Buy -- marketed for a Chromebook but seems tailor-made for the Surface Pro. Just enough pockets, compartments, and cushioning. The headphone storage (earbud-type) is a nice touch. It's a Best Buy exclusive, isn't shown at the InCase website. Great option, kinda pricey -- but you'd be hard-pressed to find something that strikes a perfect balance between looks, compact size, and function.

Last edited:

WorldIRC

1625028_ra.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500
Stumbled onto this one in a Best Buy -- marketed for a Chromebook but seems tailor-made for the Surface Pro. Just enough pockets, compartments, and cushioning. The headphone storage (earbud-type) is a nice touch. It's a Best Buy exclusive, isn't shown at the InCase website. Great option, kinda pricey -- but you'd be hard-pressed to find something that strikes a perfect balance between looks, compact size, and function.

Did you actually purchase it? How well / tight does it fit / secure the SP2?

benjitek

Did you actually purchase it? How well / tight does it fit / secure the SP2?
I did purchase it, and it fits perfectly -- like it was made for it. The compartment that holds it is cushioned and lined with 'fur'. There is another separate section inside for power adapter, wireless keyboard adapter, etc. An organizer compartment in the front and a mini compartment on the back for a smartphone. The case itself fits nicely into a 15" laptop compartment of a backpack. Great for air travel, as once on the plane, you can pull out the case and it fits into the seatback compartment for easy access during the flight.

IMG_4982.JPGIMG_4984.JPGIMG_4986.JPG

Last edited: