What's new

Surface Docking Station in stock

CrippsCorner

What's so different about it?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, I'm genuinely just interested. I'd like one... but I just don't have a use for it really.

jefhart

What's so different about it?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, I'm genuinely just interested. I'd like one... but I just don't have a use for it really.

If you're talking to me, what is different is being able to sit at a desk with a full size mouse, monitor and keyboard. I bought a SP2 to replace my desktop (mb died) and it has not let me down.

CrippsCorner

If you're talking to me, what is different is being able to sit at a desk with a full size mouse, monitor and keyboard. I bought a SP2 to replace my desktop (mb died) and it has not let me down.

Yes, so did I... but I don't really see what it adds really? I have mine extended to an external monitor via HDMI, a Bluetooth mouse, and the Type Cover. I wish I needed the Docking Station, I really do! As I think it looks really cool, but I just don't see any advantage.

jtmalloy

Dock and Power Supply

Does the dock come with a power adapter as well or do you have to use your original adapter that came with the sp2

The dock comes with its own power supply (it had better for $200!) but it plugs in the back of the dock with a barrel-type connector. On the one hand, it frees up the original PS for travel purposes (presuming you're going to use the dock at home/office); on the other, it's a very traditional type of connector. Six of one, 1/24th of a peck for the other. It's a rather expensive device - both dock and SP2 - but them's the breaks.

Joe