What's new

Surface Essentials Bundle

kneehawk

Is this still offered? I can't seem to find it on their website.
If it is, does anybody know what's included and how much it costs in Canada?

When I purchased my Pro 3 it came with a type cover, surface complete, Microsoft 365 and a sleeve.
You essentially get 365 and the sleeve for free.

leeshor

Yes it is being offered after purcahse but you would need to take your Surface to a Microsoft store for inspection. Too many people were purchasing it on line after they bought their Surface but after something happened. In short some people were scamming the system.

OP
K

kneehawk

gotcha thanks for the quick response

I went all the way to the checkout screen and nothing shows up.
I only saw the option to add Surface Complete (not the essentials bundle).

Is the bundle only offered AFTER you purchase it? or perhaps it's region specific? (I'm located in Canada)

leeshor

I think, in this case, essentials and complete may be the same thing. You should get the complete option at checkout. I'm not sure about what's offered in Canada.

OP
K

kneehawk

Well it was different for the Pro 3.

There was an Essentials Bundle, and there was also Surface Complete by itself (2 different products/offers).

By purchasing the bundle you got some things thrown in for free (Microsoft 365, and a sleeve).
I was going to purchase the type cover and complete anyways, so I figured if they have the bundle again, I'll opt for that instead of buying everything separately.

From the looks of it, it seems like there's no essentials bundle this time around.

leeshor

Microsoft once had a suite of apps called Essentials that including anti virus. It was probably confusing. You can at the time of purchase get the extended service as a stand-alone product.

OP
K

kneehawk

thanks

I just spoke to a microsoft rep and I was told that it's currently only offered for the pro 3.
It *may* be offered for the pro 4 in the future.