What's new

Surface forums app

wditters

Surfaceforums.net app

Hi all. I could not help but noticing that some users have "posted from Surfaceforums.net app" in their posts ... am I missing something? Is there a W8 app?

Last edited:

Arizona Willie

Yes, I am typing this on my Surface Pro ( original) Touch Keyboard using the Surface Forums app.

It seems to work pretty well.

Hi all. I could not help but noticing that some users have "posted from Surfaceforums.net app" in their posts ... am I missing something? Is there a W8 app?

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Arizona Willie

Yes, I am typing this on my Surface Pro ( original) Touch Keyboard using the Surface Forums app.

It seems to work pretty well.

I just went into the Store and the app doesn't seem to be there.
I just presumed I had gotten the app from the Store but then my old memory kicked in and I realized I have a few apps that I got on the Internet.

Just searched the Internet but didn't find it ... must have used wrong search terms.

Don't know if it is possible to give an app to someone else, if I could I would give it to you.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It would need to be the Developer Package that has a PowerShell Installer (as well as a Developer License for Side Loading).

kundas1

I don't get it.... why would you want/need it? I post on here from IE11 just fine, why the extra step in using an app?

Arizona Willie

Well, if you were running a lot of programs at the same time, an app might not take as much memory / cpu cycles as IE 11.

I'm wondering why they pulled it ... it seems to work just fine.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The App was created by a forum member who isn't active anymore, usually Apps are pulled by developer because they no longer want to support them or pulled by Microsoft for Copyright infringement or TOS violation.