What's new

Surface in Sick Bay

Duncan123

Good morning all,

My Surface is sick, some symptoms listed below . . .

- I seem unable to close a tab in Edge by clicking on the X
- Clicking the X when opening File Explorer window results in no action whatsoever.
- Swiping down from the top to close a full screen program does not work.
- Swiping from left to right seems to work ok

Any suggestions ?

OP
D

Duncan123

Hi Sharp,

I have a Surface Go Intel Pentium 4415Y 1.6GhZ with 4GB RAM and run Win 10 in S mode version 1903 build 18362.10024 in the English language.

There is some additional information in my signature.

Some time later . . .

I just found out that when I switch off rotation lock and turn tablet to portrait or upsidedown landscape I can close tabs without any problems.

Go figure !?!?

Last edited:
OP
D

Duncan123

Thanks Sharp. I realize that reinstalling Windows will fix most problems. But surely there is a better solution than me spending half day to reset and reconfigure my system.
Sure hope someone will have The Golden Suggestion to fix this.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
There is an option called “Reset my computer” which does not exactly re-install Windows 10. Instead, it makes sure all settings are correct and repairs existing Windows system files, while saving your own files.

The process takes about 10 minutes or so.

OP
D

Duncan123

Thanks Sharp

What incorrect setting is causing this weird issue that only happens at 1 side of the screen. Any idea ?

BTW: According to my Windows a reset re-installs windows

Last edited:
OP
D

Duncan123

Used a graphics program set to full screen and then started drawing with my finger. Seems to be a screen issue. In certain areas I was unable to draw.