What's new

Surface Laptop - Why Bother?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I honestly don't know why anyone would want to use the pen on a laptop. Would be a horrible experience that would offer little if any benefit.

MickeyLittle

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to use the pen on a laptop. Would be a horrible experience that would offer little if any benefit.

To each his own I guess... I use my pen on my Surface Book in One Note and laptop mode all day long. No it's not as fluid as when in clipboard mode but with excellent palm rejection it works very well in my opinion :)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
To each his own I guess... I use my pen on my Surface Book in One Note and laptop mode all day long. No it's not as fluid as when in clipboard mode but with excellent palm rejection it works very well in my opinion :)

Surely using a pen on a hinged screen makes for a very unatural experience? I have occasionally used the pen with my sp4 upright and that is plain nasty due to the angle, and the screen is even solidly supported by the kickstand unlike with a laptop.

MickeyLittle

Surely using a pen on a hinged screen makes for a very unatural experience? I have occasionally used the pen with my sp4 upright and that is plain nasty due to the angle, and the screen is even solidly supported by the kickstand unlike with a laptop.

Yes I agree but I'm not writing papers in One Note. I'm writing short notes. Kind of reminders all throughout the day that will either get converted into text and saved or erased when not needed any longer. And with the menu and task bars I don't write on the top 35% of the screen which helps with less shake of the screen.

Sketch (2).png