What's new

Surface NEEDS to be able to use a Pop3 Account

timack

Anyone figured out a workaround in simple tech-lish? My phone (android), Acer tab (andrpoid), and laptop both use a pop3 and not an imap account. So far not able to get my email on this tablet. Anyone know how to get a pop3 working or if there is an app released for this yet?

Thanks!

D

dvdcatalyst

Anyone figured out a workaround in simple tech-lish? My phone (android), Acer tab (andrpoid), and laptop both use a pop3 and not an imap account. So far not able to get my email on this tablet. Anyone know how to get a pop3 working or if there is an app released for this yet?

Thanks!

I haven't done anything with pop3 since I set it up to be imported in my gmail account.

Since you already have 2 Android devices, you likely have a gmail account already, so adding your pop-email in there and then pull it in might be easier. You can setup a label for all the emails that come in on POP3, so you can easily get just those emails.

Michfan

Thanks!

I was in your same situation a week ago with my Comcast account. This link solved the problem for me:
The Windows Blog

It is not a perfect solution, but is functional. Hoping for a better solution in the future.

MikeSD

I haven't done anything with pop3 since I set it up to be imported in my gmail account.

But when you reply, you have a gmail address, right? Confusing on the other end.

D

dvdcatalyst

But when you reply, you have a gmail address, right? Confusing on the other end.

You can actually set up different reply addresses as well.

If go into gmail > settings > accounts & import, you can add your pop email as an account to pull images from, and you can set up a "send email as" account as well.

You can set it up to always use the same reply address, regardless of what account the email was from, or you can tell it to use the same account as the email you replied to was pulled from.

galeman

You can actually set up different reply addresses as well.

If go into gmail > settings > accounts & import, you can add your pop email as an account to pull images from, and you can set up a "send email as" account as well.

You can set it up to always use the same reply address, regardless of what account the email was from, or you can tell it to use the same account as the email you replied to was pulled from.

That only work doing it from the web page not on the mail app. I tried it on Hotmail and gmail accounts.