What's new

Surface pen double click not consistent

Blub

Hey guys.

I have a problem for wich I could not find any solution yet, despite all google research and trying all suggested actions.
The defined double click action of my pen is working.... somehow. For my workflow at university I use the function to create screenshots and send them to oneNote all the time. But this function is working so inconsistently and that gradually drives me crazy. Sometime it works with the first double click, sometimes I have to try two or three times, sometimes it does not work after the 15th attempt, but then it suddenly works again.

What I tried so far:
- New batteries
- Countless disconnect/connect sessions
- Disabling of all other functions except double clicking
- All updates, latest drivers installed

Is there anyone out there that has the same problems as I have or does anyone know a reliable solution?

Thank you!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys.

I have a problem for which I could not find any solution yet, despite all google research and trying all suggested actions.
The defined double click action of my pen is working.... somehow. For my workflow at university I use the function to create screenshots and send them to oneNote all the time. But this function is working so inconsistently and that gradually drives me crazy. Sometime it works with the first double click, sometimes I have to try two or three times, sometimes it does not work after the 15th attempt, but then it suddenly works again.

What I tried so far:
- New batteries
- Countless disconnect/connect sessions
- Disabling of all other functions except double clicking
- All updates, latest drivers installed

Is there anyone out there that has the same problems as I have or does anyone know a reliable solution?

Thank you!
Which version of the Surface Pen are you using? The purple eraser version or one of the newer ones?

The purple eraser version has additional batteries to power the Bluetooth device for the additional functionality, IIRC its a small hearing aid/watch battery type.

OP
B

Blub

Yes I have the purple eraser version, and all the batteries are replaced by new ones. Sorry, I didn't specify that accurately.