What's new

Surface pen not working. Please help.

ssps

I bought surface pen (one button model ) from ebay recently.It connects to surface and click button works as well. But pen is not writing , no cursors on screen. I replaced the battery and nothing changed. Please help.
JgRkh
MFRwZPc.jpg

I attached image of pen cover. Is it ok? There is only half of metal plate (golden color ). Is it normal ?

I live in another country so cannot return it back.

Thanks.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum

I don't know if microsoft have multiple versions of the new pen, but that is not what mine looks like

IMAG1063_1.jpg

OP
S

ssps

I saw some YouTube videos and the pen they show looks like yours, that's why I asked about it specifically.

SeaNurse99

I have a Surface Pro 3 and recently got a Surface Pen (one button model) and have the same inside battery connection as hughlle.

I couldn't get the first pen to turn on; changed battery...still didn't work, so I exchanged it. Now the second pen is not turning on either...is there something wrong with me or the pen? I find it hard to believe 2 pens don't work. I push and hold the top button on the pen for 5-7 seconds, but the LED does not come on or flash. I've reseated the battery, but the pen does not come on.

Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong or is there a step I'm missing?

Spyaxman

good evening I'm andre, new in this forum. I have a surface pro 4 and am super satisfied. I have a problem. My pen ever since I matched up with the ipad crashed, I changed batteries and loaded more than 10 seconds and nothing. Anyone with this problem? Does this pen work on other devices? I tested the writing and it does not work on my ipad or the lumia 950

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... My pen ever since I matched up with the ipad crashed, I changed batteries and loaded more than 10 seconds and nothing... it does not work on my ipad or the lumina 950

The Surface Pen is designed only for the Surface.

Spyaxman

its design to pair with surface but use only the tip? Work with normal pen? My lumia or ipad dont responde with surface pen