What's new

Surface Pen password entry

Gamendorf

I just got a Surface Pro 6 and a surface pen (no typecover). This is my first Win 10 device that uses a pen stylus and I am finding Some aspects to he non intuitive. My biggest issue right now is pass word entry. The device allows me to write in the pen input window, but nothing is transferred to the password field. In order to in put a password I must manually turn on touch keyboard. Am I doing something wrong, or is this how the pen input is supposed to behave?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I just got a Surface Pro 6 and a surface pen (no typecover). This is my first Win 10 device that uses a pen stylus and I am finding Some aspects to he non intuitive. My biggest issue right now is pass word entry. The device allows me to write in the pen input window, but nothing is transferred to the password field. In order to in put a password I must manually turn on touch keyboard. Am I doing something wrong, or is this how the pen input is supposed to behave?
You can use the OSK to enter your password - touch in the dialog box and it will automatically bring up the OSK.

Better would be to setup a PIN or use Windows Hello...

Turbo4AWD

Interesting, I have never thought to try this. I use Windows Hello so much that I never bothered. I will test it out on my end and see what happens. In the meantime, maybe check for Windows Updates? 1809 just came out this week, I think. (if you're not part of the Windows Insider program)