What's new

Surface Pen Usage with PDF's on LTSB...HELP!

jlogan

Hey all,

I was given a Surface 4 Pro with Windows 10 LTSB on it to use for my field work purposes. I hate LTSB and its limitations but the IT department is locking it down. Sadly this will not give me the app store which give me access to what I need. So here is what I am trying to do:

Have a PDF work order be able to be filled out and signed using the surface pen. On my old service I was able to accomplish this via Adobe Reader which allowed the pen tip to right and the back to erase, it was amazing for what I need. But with no app store, I'm screwed. The tech team gave me a copy of Acrobat Pro DC to use for this purposes but I cannot seem to get the same functionality, or have no clue how to do it, its way more than what I needed. I tried via Microsoft Word but the appearance is not exactly professional, again I may not know what I am doing. Another option was through One Note, but again, I have no clue how to allow the Work Order PDF be the only thing on the screen, fill it out and present it to my client to sign off on and than save it. I hope any of this made sense and someone out there can tell me what to do. I am confined by what IT has allowed and need admin rights for pretty much anything.

Thanks,

James

Votality

Hey all,

I was given a Surface 4 Pro with Windows 10 LTSB on it to use for my field work purposes. I hate LTSB and its limitations but the IT department is locking it down. Sadly this will not give me the app store which give me access to what I need. So here is what I am trying to do:

Have a PDF work order be able to be filled out and signed using the surface pen. On my old service I was able to accomplish this via Adobe Reader which allowed the pen tip to right and the back to erase, it was amazing for what I need. But with no app store, I'm screwed. The tech team gave me a copy of Acrobat Pro DC to use for this purposes but I cannot seem to get the same functionality, or have no clue how to do it, its way more than what I needed. I tried via Microsoft Word but the appearance is not exactly professional, again I may not know what I am doing. Another option was through One Note, but again, I have no clue how to allow the Work Order PDF be the only thing on the screen, fill it out and present it to my client to sign off on and than save it. I hope any of this made sense and someone out there can tell me what to do. I am confined by what IT has allowed and need admin rights for pretty much anything.

Thanks,

James

Not sure if this would work for you.. if you want to try to install a store app.

LTSB Windows 10 Store App