What's new

Surface Power Cover Release Date??????

quazy

I've got a SPRO2 256gb and I'm wondering if anybody has any information regarding the release date of the power cover? Uni starts beginning of March for me and I'm desperate to know if I should hold out for the power cover or use an alternative for a while.

Any information would be appreciated :)

minivini

MS site still says "Early 2014". I wonder if anyone has told them that the end of "Early 2014" is coming up fast!!

What I find most irritating is the lack of information about the release. This isn't a speculated or leaked product, so why not update us? I desperately need a better type cover (1st gen touch cover and hate it) and also additional battery life. I'll keep muddling through using the touch cover when absolutely necessary, but seriously, I hate that thing!

Frobon

No one knows ...

And I honestly wouldn't expect leaps and bounds from the Power Cover. Expect it to be thick and heavy or give little additional battery life (or both).

Maybe Microsoft will wow us. But I'm not counting on it given current battery technology.

benjitek

No one knows ...
And I honestly wouldn't expect leaps and bounds from the Power Cover. Expect it to be thick and heavy or give little additional battery life (or both).Maybe Microsoft will wow us. But I'm not counting on it given current battery technology.
From what I've read, weight and size will only be slightly different, yet considerably increased battery life -- has something changed?