What's new

Surface Pro 1 still a decent machine?

Ian T

I bought the Surace Pro to use for 'business' applications mainly while on the go. I found the battery life a bit wanting but no worse than the notebook I was 'replacing'. It travelled in my bag, truck and under the arm. Bought a leather cover for added protection. It has done almost everything a desktop could do, although you do need a usb hub and added peripherals.
BIG DRAMA is now that it was working one night, dead the next morning ????? 13.5 months old ... a warranty timer??
Other than that I'd update for sure.

sashlon

I own the original Surface Pro.

Its still a fantastic machine. It still works great. It can easily do all of the things you want.

A couple of things though; battery life is 4-5 hours maximum. The Power Cover helps with that, but I don't have one so I can't say how much. The original Pro comes with 128GB of storage. I find that to be awfully tight. Its heavy.

But it is an excellent machine still.

malberttoo

I've since sold my SP to fund the SP3, but I was easily getting 4 hours on mine, with minimal adjustments.

strollin

My son has a Surface Pro and uses it as his main computer for his job. He was carrying around a larger, heavier, less powerful company supplied laptop but he decided the SP could do all he needed so stopped lugging around the laptop.

He wasn't happy with the battery life so bought a Charge Cover and that helped a lot.

TeknoBlast

My son has a Surface Pro and uses it as his main computer for his job. He was carrying around a larger, heavier, less powerful company supplied laptop but he decided the SP could do all he needed so stopped lugging around the laptop.

He wasn't happy with the battery life so bought a Charge Cover and that helped a lot.

I have the power cover too and the extra juice is nice, but man, it adds a lot more weight to the Surface.