What's new

Surface Pro 128Gb, Signing In When Offline, No WiFi Available

kev

I have just purchased this surface and I am getting on well with it. However, I tried to use it whilst out away from wifi, and I could not log/sign in to work on my spread sheets.

As soon as I was back home I was able to sign in as I was online again. I need to be able to log on to work on the desktop whilst offline, so please can anybody tell me what I have to do.

kind regards
kev

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You couldn't sign in on the Surface itself or on Excel? If it was Excel it means your Spreadsheets are stored on your SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro and you would need to make them available off line or save them locally.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft Accounts are able to sign in on a trusted machine offline, it uses cached credentials just like an Active Directory Domain account...

oion

Microsoft Accounts are able to sign in on a trusted machine offline, it uses cached credentials just like an Active Directory Domain account...

Oh, I didn't know that. I keep my machine offline with the local login, though, also because I work in "public" places like cafes and airplanes and hate having my real name permanently emblazoned in the upper right corner of everything. Maybe that can be turned off. :p